Multiple UIALERTView, pop-ups more than code

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by RashiMahajan, Nov 11, 2010.

1. RashiMahajan, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2010

RashiMahajan macrumors newbie

In my app, i m posting some data to the server, in return expecting some acknowledgment msgs. Accordingly displaying the pop-up on UI for informing the user for success or Failure.

When i post the data for more than two times to server, i should get two pop-up but here i get three pop-ups. At very first pop - up appears & disappears then again pop appears, now t wait for user click after that other appears.

I am using simple code in loop..

Code:
    /*........... 
    if([nss_value isEqualToString:@"0"]) 
    { [self showAlert:@"Success" :nil]; } 
    else { [self showAlert:@"Failure" :nil]; } 
    ................*/

-(void)showAlert:(NSString *)nss_title:(NSString *)nss_msg
     { 
    NSLog(@"SHOW ALERT IS UPP"); 
    UIAlertView *uialv_userConfirmation =[[UIAlertView alloc]initWithTitle:nss_title message:nss_msg delegate:self cancelButtonTitle:nil otherButtonTitles:@"Ok",nil];
     [uialv_userConfirmation show]; 
    [uialv_userConfirmation release]; 
    uialv_userConfirmation=nil; 
    }

Can anybody help me ....... :(

2. Sykte macrumors regular

You will need to post more code if you want help. The current context doesn't tell the entire story, specifically what\where the if statements are.

Side Note:
    May I ask why you're comparing a string of 0? You may want to name your method parameters. (You are not truly naming your parameters as much as making the methods more descriptive)

Code:
    -(void)showAlert:(NSString *)nss_title:(NSString *)nss_msg

could be 

-(void)showAlertWithTitle:(NSString *)nss_title andMessage:(NSString *)nss_msg

This will help you while coding and help others read your code if you have a question.

3. ianray macrumors 6502

Not three pop-ups, but rather this kind of sequence:
    1. Show popup #1
    2. Show popup #2
    3. Click to dismiss
    4. Show popup #1 again

If you want a maximum of one pop-up, then use an instance variable and programmatically dismiss any existing UIAlertView before instantiating a new one. Good luck :)