Multiple user accounts on one iPhone 3Gs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jfremani, Aug 6, 2009.

1. jfremani macrumors regular

Just curious if I could let a family member have an account on my iphone to where, when they log in, they would have their mail, facebook, myspace, yahoo messenger etc all loaded up and logged into their account? Is this possible?

Otherwise, they have to log me out and log themselves in into each service they want to use, individually.

Thanks,

JD

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

You can access oodles of email and other accounts separately on 1 iPhone. You cannot, AFAIK, set a phone up with a completely separate account with a different profile of preferences/access like you can on Leopard on you computer.

3. jfremani thread starter macrumors regular

I don't want to be able to log into their accounts and vice versa.

Multiple user accounts for the entire OS would be a welcomed feature.

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Send a suggestion to Apple for version 4. Me, I have a cell phone to have with ME. I don't want a communal iPhone. If I lend it to a friend for a minute so he can manually check one of his accounts..okay. However, I expect him to be so blown away by the experience he will buy his own iPhone.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

I think your in the Minority

for most a Phone is considered a personal device. Sure I would let my daughter 13 could barrow or use it even log into her facebook if she had one. ;) sorry I don't need child molesters checking my kids web page. but too have her own log in etc so it have what all her contacts etc. she has her own touch friends can barrow it but over all get or use your own phone. how many log in's is enough allow 4,6.12 or a 100 users? . but in general I just don't see most people wanting a separate log in's for I'd say most people there would be no interest.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I know it isn't a feature I would ever use.

7. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I don't get it :confused:

At what point would you give up your cell phone for the day?