Multiple user iTunes sharing help please.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sjm300, Jun 5, 2010.

1. sjm300 macrumors member

well, I just got my fiancee a 13" MBP....but I'm going to use it as well besides my mac pro and 15"mbp. this one is going to be used while traveling and sitting on the couch etc.

Since we will both be using it, I decided to make separate accounts for each.

what I seem to be having a issue with is trying to share 1 itunes library.

I moved my full itunes library to the shared folder and changed all permissions to read and write. then changed the location in both of our itunes to that new location for the itunes media folder. then under her itunes account, I unchecked the "copy music to folder" option. I'm the primary one that does all the downloading, copying of CD's ETC.

is their any solution that if I add music to MY library that is automatically updates and syncs in her library without having to manually do it everytime? also anyway to sync all my artwork as well?

I hope this all made sense.

thanks in advance

ADD ON: I do most of my work on my Mac Pro ( rip and download )....it would be ever better if the 15" and 13" could automatically sync and update artwork and music from the mac pro....is that possible? could Chronosync do that? mobile me? dropbox?

2. HGW macrumors member

in iTunes preferences reset Media location to defualt

move the whole iTunes folder (located in Music) to the shared or applications folder then create an alias of it to put in music folder, make an alias's for each accounts music folder.

change permissions

if you have an external drive you can use that the same way.