Multiple users with itunes and iphoto?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by stark4, Jun 7, 2011.

1. stark4 macrumors 6502

i been searching how to share itunes songs and iphoto library with multiple users in 1 iMac machine and i believe the solution is to put the library folders in the Users/Shared folder. But i just want to know if one user change/delete the bad picture/song Is it going to update on all the users accounts? If not how do i keep the library folders up to date?

Thanks

2. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

Your best bet would to be to use a external drive.
    We used to have the family mac set up that way. Every one had there own separate iphoto account. They also had the option of opening the larger family iphoto folder, stored on the external. And yes if someone decided to delete the photo, it was gone.

I'm almost positive that sharing the itunes folder would also work. However if it contained purchased music, you might have to authorize each user.

Why not just create a family user account on the computer? One that everyone has access to.

3. stark4 thread starter macrumors 6502

^^ i thought it will be easier to just move the library folders to Users/Shared folder but i guess not. I can't believe apple made it harder to share library folders between accounts. I'm thinking i should just create one standard family account for everyone to use it so that each family member won't bugg me when they don't see the family photos in the iphoto