Multiple video cards advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by the vj, Sep 2, 2007.

1. the vj macrumors 6502a

Ok... I am doing my research about the video cards for modul8.

I am using the Triple Head 2 Go but I want to see if I can get 2 more video cards and have my quad G5 as a custom video server for 5 screens.

Now, videocards shopping for Macs is a pain because I need to find the Mac version of the video card, I mean, the compatible ones.

I am looking for dual DVI and 256MB of VRam. I need to get the DVI to S-video adaptors as well.

These cards has to be PCI Express x16... and here is one of my questions... the Mac has one x16 and the rest of the PCI are x8. I know I saw some where that there is not an actual difference if I place a x16 in a x8 slot. But if some one can confirm me that I'll appriciate it.

Then, the popular candidate in the web are the Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT, there is the ATI Radeon X800 xt as well.

I am looking for something to do the job, I am not looking for a state of the art video card because I do not need that much power, if I can find a price around $100 per card that is fine. If there is a 128MB video card that would work that is fine.

Just let me hear from you where I can find a good price and any other experience you may have with Modul 8 and multiple outputs.

Thanx

2. nolig2278 macrumors newbie

i would like to know to as my dad just wants a total of 3 monitors on his ne intel pro