Multiple Views Loaded From a main view?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Will0827, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Will0827 macrumors regular

Will0827

Im having a bit of a difficult time trying to accomplishing an idea i have for my app, i essentially want a empty navigation bar to that will hold a couple of custom buttons and each button will load up a different view, while the navigation bar with the buttons always remain on top regardless of which view i load from the button presses. I'll have a setting where the user can set a default view the app launches, but i can't figure out the best course of action to have the navigation bar always remain on screen. Thanks for the help in advance.

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

3. Will0827 thread starter macrumors regular

Will0827

I was thinking about using a tab bar but, i want to support a landscape orientation when i finally settle upon the ui for now, would i be able to use a toolbar, i really just want a bar on top of the screen to hold the buttons the bar really isn't going to have any functionality just something for the buttons to sit on top of, but i would like it to be present on every screen through out the app.

4. Will0827 thread starter macrumors regular

Will0827

It just hit me don't know if this work around to what i want would give me issues later on in development but made a uiimageview with the image that i wanted to the background of the navigation bar to be. And in interface builder was able to have the buttons sit on top of the uiimageview which will be the bar . Would i have to create a method to be able to display the bar and place the method in the view did load of all the views i plan on making ?