Multiple watches paired in health app.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mansu944, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Mansu944 macrumors 6502

I have multiple watches paired in my health app from re-pairing the watch. Has anyone safely deleted the ones no longer connected to the health app without losing their move streak? My streak is at 207 days and I’m about 15 ahead of a friend do I don’t want to lose that and be beaten.

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Don't do it. Unless Apple has changed it will delete all data. It even says it will delete all the data.

3. jhfenton macrumors 6502a

jhfenton

Those are a list of data sources, not current pairings, and as Julien said, deleting the old ones will delete their data.

4. Mansu944 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, thank you!!

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Strange indeed as you would think once the watch was unpaired and you moved the data to the phone, that getting rid of the device would not hurt.

6. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Especially when you are re-paring the same watch.

7. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Deleting them will indeed erase all data. I've personally done it and lost all my health info. Even a restore of encrypted data did not bring it back. The earned badges don't seem to disappear though, but badges hardly matter to me.

8. jhfenton macrumors 6502a

jhfenton

My original Apple Watch shows up twice, and my aluminum gold Series 2 shows up four times due to repairings. (My former iPhone 6 is not listed, only my current iPhone 7.)

It is odd that they don't allow for merging data from old devices into a legacy data set. And it's odd that the same Watch wouldn't be identified as such upon repairing. (It appears that legacy iPhone data is merged with current iPhone data. I have 2016 weight, height, step data listed under my iPhone 7.)