Multiple Xboxes - one Netflix account - Question

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by poppe, Nov 22, 2008.

1. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

I have a couple xboxes and would like to be able to use this new netflix thing. Does anyone know or has anyone tried (I haven't signed up for netflix yet) watching netflix on one xbox, stopping it, turning off that system, and going to a different xbox.

- - I am not looking to watch netflix on multiple xboxes at the same time - -

Any thoughts?

2. jmb667 macrumors regular

jmb667

I think it remembers where you left off no matter what device you're on; so if I go from my 360 to my Macbook, it should remember. You can only register a finite amount of devices, though, so make sure you're happy with registering each Xbox.

3. Xavier macrumors 68020

Should work similar to purchased songs and authorizing iTunes accounts. You can only have 5 computers linked to the same iTunes Store account

4. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Interesting... I wonder how that works if I take my hard drive to different places.

Well the reason I asked is because I use multiple Xbox's and didn't want to be limited to the one in my bedroom. So we are limited to 5 xbox's?

5. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

I looked everywhere for this info, my dumb-ass forgot to check netflix's Terms of Service.

Along with streaming on four unique devices, it looks like you can also watch Netflix on multiple xboxes/devices at the same time if you have a multiple disk plan. Very cool of Netflix!

http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevicesFAQ?lnkce=nrd-f&trkid=425738&lnkctr=nrd-f-n

You need to be a Netflix member and pay your monthly subscription for a Netflix unlimited plan. Plans from $8.99 include unlimited DVD rentals plus the ability to watch instantly as much and as often as you want.

The selection of choices that can be watched instantly is limited. Not all titles available on DVD are available to watch via a Netflix ready device.

A Netflix ready device can only be used within the 50 US States and the District of Columbia. Movies & TV episodes cannot be watched instantly in any other location

The number of personal computers or devices that can be used for simultaneous viewing varies according to your plan size: 1-disc plans may watch on one device at a time, 2-disc plans on up to two devices at the same time, 3-disc plans on up to three devices, and plans with four or more discs on up to four devices simultaneously.

Members on a Netflix unlimited plan may activate up to 4 unique devices on an account during a twelve month period.

Netflix ready devices are manufactured and sold by entities other than Netflix. As such, we do not take responsibility or otherwise warrant the performance of these devices, including the continuing compatibility of the device with our watch instantly functionality. By using our service, you agree to look solely to the entity that manufactured and or sold you the device for any issues related to the device and its compatibility with the Netflix service. Any issues related to our watch instantly functionality, including any system requirements, are covered and limited by the Netflix Terms of Use.