Multiple .zip files...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TygerMac, Mar 10, 2008.

1. TygerMac macrumors newbie

First post! Just got my new MacBook two days ago!

I have downloaded some material off of Usenet, once I opened the folder I noticed that there were fourteen different .zip files.

(movie01.zip, movie02.zip, movie03.zip, etc)

Is there a way I can open all of these at once? Not opening them one at a time to just find that there are fourteen .rar files? I use MacPAR deLuxe for my .rar and .par files, but it doesn't work with .zip files. I just want to extract them all at once. Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

cant you just highlight them all then press "command-O"?

3. TygerMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, you can and that's what I have been doing. Maybe I should rephrase the question. I was asking if there is a program that does this for you, and then unrar's the .rar files inside the .zip files. If that makes sense....

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Some multi-format unarchivers support nested unarchival - The Unarchiver does, and it's one I highly recommend for Mac OS X users. This makes doing tasks such as fully decompressing .tar.gz, .rar.zip, or other archives inside archives much simpler.

5. TygerMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, that's what I have been doing...I will continue to unzip these files this way. Was just asking if there was a program that did it all for you. Thanks for the help!