Multiplex?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fcbruno, Sep 12, 2008.

1. fcbruno macrumors newbie

Hiya Everyone

This is my first post - any suggestions would be dearly appreciated.

I have MPEG Streamclip and I've tried about 20 times to upload my 3 min film sample onto a website with no joy.

The upload requirements specify that audio and video should be in one file. This has me puzzled. I don't see any option for this available in MPEG Streamclip, nor can I locate any Mac software that can do this for me.

Here are the upload requirements (the maximum size is 150MB but I've stayed well beneath that when uploading):

"To UPLOAD
    - PLEASE USE THE OPTION TO UPLOAD YOUR SAMPLE EARLY ENOUGH - during the days before deadline the upload servers are working at the limit so uploads may take longer and may be less stable!
    - You may upload the following files: MPEG, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4 or quicktime.
    - Your sample should be encoded in (720 x 576) 25fps max. 6000kbps, multiplext (audio and video in one file).
    - To upload, use an FTP (file transfer programme) to access our webserver."

When exporting my file to MPEG4 via MPEG Streamclip (I've also tried exporting to AVI and Quicktime to no avail) I've typed 6000 (kbps) in the field 'Limit the Data Rate'. I've also typed '25' next to 'Frame Rate' and have selected 720 x 576.

I'm at a loss. Sorry to sound so stupid! Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Peter

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

As they said, multiplex is basically just audio and video in one file. So just make sure when you're exporting it has audio and video checked.

3. fcbruno thread starter macrumors newbie

okay thanks very much :eek:)

will give it another try and hope for the best