multitask battery drain?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Foxdog175, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Foxdog175 macrumors regular

I just now found out that you can close apps down in the multitasking bar. By the time I found out, I had about 30 apps "open." Does it drain the battery life by not constantly closing down all of the apps you recently used? Are we supposed to be closing them down?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If you aren't using the app, then it's not using any power. Unless you are streaming audio, or it is using something like GPS. You can have a ton of apps in the tray, and you won't notice any difference while using your phone.

3. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

nope they are save states stored in memory, unless they are truly doing something in the background, like gps,audio,sending, downloading

if they are push enabled then yes every push enabled app will drain your battery faster, you can disable under the notification options/each app might have it's own push setting

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'll go through every once and while to clear them out, but it's purely for aesthetic/order reasons, it won't effect your battery unless there's something streaming or looking for GPS.