iPhone Multitasking alternatives to Auxo?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TheGreenBastard, Mar 14, 2013.

1. TheGreenBastard macrumors 6502

TheGreenBastard

I've been experiencing crashes since Feb 4th, or whenever the jailbroke launched, and tried restoring, and still experienced crashes.

Since then, I've been cursing evasi0n, but turns out it's (probably) Auxo causing the problems (crashing; icons scattering out of folders, etc).

So, I'm wondering if there is an alternative multitask app like Auxo, that had the "swipe down to close app" type thing. That, or something very similar to how Android closes apps, is badass, and purely a must.

(also, on a side-note, any word on a quasar update for iPad?)

2. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Nobody is talking about CardSwitcher anymore. I'm using 2.0-1 very successfully on my iPhone 5 and loving it. Bringing back memories of webOS on my old Palm pre.

BTW, the dev for this app was iKy1e (@Freerunnering) who also collarborated on Auxo. Another 15 year old UK tech wiz' :p

Attached Files:

3. Knockoutjosie macrumors 6502

Knockoutjosie

Switchy is a really good one.
    Swipe away is to kill apps running. Depending on how you set it, you can swipe up to delete all or down to just kill that one app running

4. TheGreenBastard thread starter macrumors 6502

TheGreenBastard

15 years old? Hah, I remember what I was doing at 15 and it wasn't making apps...

also, cardswitcher looks very good. I'll try it, thanks!

5. Cooknn, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013

Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Here's a video for you to check out.

Note: Unlike Auxo, which shows recent app's, CardSwitcher only shows app's that have a process. There are a few that drop out pretty quick. Cydia is one. I actually dig the fact that I only see running app's.

6. TheGreenBastard thread starter macrumors 6502

TheGreenBastard

Yeah, I'll probably use it after I get all my **** back into folders...Sometimes I really hate jailbreaking for these little bugs.

7. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I've been tweaking the heck out my iPhone and finally have it where I want it. No issues/bugs. Yet ;)

8. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

You might like this upcoming tweak...I'm excited for it.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1554208

9. TheGreenBastard thread starter macrumors 6502

TheGreenBastard

Yeah, that does look pretty cool. It could potentially replace SBSettings and Auxo/multitask for me...if I could respring from that app. I hope it's free too; I don't have any money to spend on tweaks lol.

10. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I would be pretty surprised if it didn't have a respring toggle. But if not, you could always use activator to respring if that's the only toggle missing. But this thing already has a ton of toggles. Remember when Auxo first came out? It only had the basic toggles. I could be wrong but I'm not even sure if it still has as many toggles as this new tweak. A fantastic dev is creating this too. It's the same guy that made CallBar. And in my opinion CallBar is one of the best tweaks ever. Needless to say, I expect big things from this tweak in regards to stability and aesthetics.

11. Auxo macrumors 6502

Sure, CallBar is nice and very smooth but CallBar is a relatively small tweak if you compare them.

12. dannyhex macrumors regular

i use auxo, combined with tons of other tweaks, it is not auxo causing your crashes.

13. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Well Auxo is now implicated in lots of issues ranging from crashes to bluetooth pairing issues and spotify incompatibility. It maybe interaction with other tweaks but every time Auxo pops up and for now Auxo appears to be the problem. I hope the dev can fix it.

14. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Was loyal to multifl0w but the thing was never updated, Zephyr its legit and works great :)

Wonder if Aero will ever be updated to io 6 ? Never got to try it and looks nice.

15. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

From Aaron Ash on twitter:

@raphear I don't think Multifl0w will be ready for iOS 6 any time soon, I do plan on working on it more soon though.

16. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

That looks sweet!

17. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

CardSwitcher is great. Love that he is updating it for iOS 6. Very minor pet peeve..would love for him to change the animation upon switching apps. It's currently the default. Doesn't feel right.

18. TC25 macrumors 68020

Also, as a side note, there's already a thread about this.

19. mrwalsh1968 macrumors member

I'm using Switchercleaner and find it's quite adequate for my needs.

20. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

just found DisplayCandy. works great with CardSwitcher! I like this combo is much better than Auxo.