Multitasking Animation Bug

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by alanderp, Sep 28, 2016.

1. alanderp macrumors member

alanderp

Hey all,

Just received my 7+ JB today and set the phone up as new. I noticed when I have an app open and double press the home button to access the multitasker, the apps bounce for a second as if the phone is trying to reorganize the apps. This doesn't happen when I do it from the home menu only when I do it when I have an app open.

Also when I open a folder, the animation lags a little.

Anyone experience these? Or is it just the phone indexing...

2. Pod4477 macrumors member

Pod4477

I've had a little bit of lag during these functions, after I had restored from my backup. After doing a 'reset all settings' it seemed to be faster with multitasking and opening folders.

3. alanderp thread starter macrumors member

alanderp

I'm not sure if the lag you're referring to is the same as the bounce when i access the multitasker that i'm talking about, I'm going to give it a day or two to index and see if it still happens; will take a video of it does.

Just really strange these things are happening on my brand new 7+ when my 6S+ is flawless.

4. WilliamG macrumors G3

I have it, too. It's like the multitask panes bounce DOWN for a millisecond. It's very odd. Does it on my 7 Plus, not my 6s Plus.

5. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

There are widespread reports about animation issues on the 7/7 Plus when entering multitasking and when closing apps. They bounce really quick when you enter multitasking and they freeze really quick when you close them.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Just another iOS10 bug that will be addressed in an update.

7. franantares macrumors member

franantares

Same exact issue.

8. alanderp thread starter macrumors member

alanderp

My mistake I assumed it was the phone itself and not iOS, that's why I searched the iPhone threads, not iOS.

If it's a software problem I hope they get a fix soon'

9. Pod4477 macrumors member

Pod4477

Yah it might not be the same issue. I did have a few glitches with multitasker. I hope they're just iOS 10 bugs. It seems have been cleared up though, but I am also running the public beta now.

10. Ds6778 macrumors 6502

Ds6778

Thank god I found this thread, I was going nuts. It's very annoying and weird that it doesn't happen on my 6s plus.