Multitasking close all????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cosmaboy, Jun 25, 2010.

1. cosmaboy macrumors member

Hi,

I know the speed of the phone isn't altered when you have loads of app running in the background, but are you like me and go and close some of those app sparadically throughout the day, is there a way of closing them all in one go, like multi delete?

I don't think there is but thought i'd ask.

Thanks
    Mat

2. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

I wish there was a better management system. There is currently not a way. I don't think they will kill your battery life though. I am assuming that backgrounding apps does not take any CPU and that all they are is 'cached' memory.

3. admanimal macrumors 68040

Right. Generally speaking, background apps do not run. Their state is just saved in memory until you switch back to the app or a foreground task needs the memory.

I admit I go through and close them all sometimes too, but I think it's a habit that we just need to break because it is actually pointless.

4. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

I am like you. It kinda bothers me to know tens of apps will show up in the task list. I sure wish there was a way to kill them all! :)

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

It's really pointless to close them. Think of it as a recently used list. The last one you opened shows up on the left hand side. It works just fine as a quick way to switch back and forth. :apple:

6. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

If it annoys you, make them wiggly and just keep tapping the first icon over and over, they slide into the first slot.

But in general you don't need to manage these tasks, stop obsessing! :)

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

My obsession started today when I looked at the multi-tasking dock for the first time. Keep going back and closing now.

8. thornguy macrumors regular

Not all of those are running in the background, it's also a recently used list.

But which is which? I'm not a huge fan of the long list, phone is fast now but in a year or 2 it's going to be annoying.