iPad mini Multitasking Image Showing Deleted Film

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NOTmacbookpro13, Jan 9, 2014.

1. NOTmacbookpro13 macrumors member

I had paused a film at 1:24mins on Monday evening. Finished off the film on Wednesday evening and today, Thursday I went into the video app and deleted the film and when I exited the app and went into the multitasking screen I was greeted with an image of where I had paused the film on Monday.

Anyone else experience anything like this before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48porbCynGw

2. doboy macrumors 68000

Sometimes I get old images showing up on my multitask "cards." Not a huge issue for me unless I was previous viewing NSFW images.;)

3. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

Yes notice it with my mail app. Shows email from weeks ago put once I open the app they aren't there obviously

4. blarivee macrumors 6502

Probably a caching glitch on iOS 7. If you close the app in the multi-tasking window and re-open the app, you'll get the updated image on the multi-tasking window.

5. pocketpenguin macrumors regular

Happens all the time for me too. For all kinds of apps, mail, safari, other browsers, etc.

The odd thing is that it is inconsistent. Sometimes it is the most recent screen image and other times it is from days ago.

This has been described as a security risk in other articles.

6. citivolus macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know if there is a feature to turn this off in 7.1 beta?

7. blarivee macrumors 6502

If you disable background app refresh, it should prevent the apps from updating the image. However, this doesn't seem to apply to stock apps.