iPad Multitasking iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by preyan, Aug 3, 2013.

1. preyan macrumors 6502

preyan

I wish Apple did something about this. Really. If there is only one multitasking feature I'd like, make that two, its:

1. Watch pop-up video whilst surfing or replying to mails, etc. (I'm not a movie maniac but truth is, I'd love to do these two things whilst watching a movie. I'm not one of those, sit still and watch people)

2. Multitask emails (specifically gmail app) and surfing because I find myself referencing emails to certain things on the web or surfing the web and wanting to email someone about something I've read

That pop up video with Samsung is absolutely great. Whilst I am watching, I realise I need to do something else and can continue watching whilst catching up on the other stuff. Oh well...when Apple, is ready. Sad part is, other makes are flooding the market and like recently, proves that market share is important to get your products out there and software. All these companies want your data to know what to want. Android is cruising ahead in every aspect except revenue/profit but I believe knowledge/data is more important than revenue/profit in the long run. The latter will follow naturally if you use your knowledge to give consumers what they really want at the end of the day.

2. ramram55 macrumors 6502

Amongst other things, Multitasking is apple has to get going otherwise the competition will beat them and it will cease to exist. As simple as that.

3. preyan thread starter macrumors 6502

preyan

Apples ignorance is sadly hurting them! The days of "when we are ready" are gone! It's like Jobs was everything in that company and now they got their heads up their ass!

While others are copying, they're also giving new meaning to technology :cool:

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Full screen single task began under Jobs. If its still that way they are acting the same and do not now have their heads up their asses any more than Jobs did when he was alive.

5. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

I had a Samsung Note 10.1 and 8.0, and thought the multitasking windows would be great. I never used them, except to see if they worked.

6. DaCurmudgen macrumors regular

Rome is burning?

Wow, everyone here is all doom and gloom re: Apple's future without multi-tasking. To really get the benefit of multi-tasking, you need the right amount of screen real estate, so the iPad and larger Android tabs have that covered. But as far emailing and websurfing at the same time, I can still get that done with iOS by double tapping my iPad home button. In fact, most of my multitasking needs can be done with my iPad or iPhone using iOS. Doing it all on one screen doesn't demonstrate technological innovation simply because it can be done. True innovation is in the best application of what is possible. Which brings me to my next point.

I sincerely doubt that Google will dwarf Apple with Android collecting user data and turning that into a valuable customer experience. Goole and Android is a volume business, and they have good, competitive products, which, thankfully, keep Apple on their toes. However, I have more confidence in Apple's design sensibilities than anything I've seen an Android tablet or phone deliver. If there is a market to be won using customer data to deliver exceptional user experiences, I think Apple might have an advantage. Perhaps Apple's dominance in the space is changing, but I hardly think they will be done as a company if they don't deliver multi-tasking or aren't first-movers in the customer data business.

7. Tsepz macrumors 65816

Tsepz

I do wish they would implement Multi window multitasking, I find it very useful in my Galaxy S4, and would be great to have in my iPad to :)
    I would also love to have a Multi item clipboard, it would be so useful as I do a lot of typing on my iPad, and being able to access previous quotes and write ups would be so convenient. These are two things Samsung have very cleverly implemented in their smartphones and tablets that would be great in the iPad.

8. irDigital0l Guest

The only screen size that works with multitasking is laptop/desktop displays.

They're large enough to have multi things open at the same time.

Galaxy S4 is like 5". I can't get used to doing something productive by splitting the screen even smaller.

9. token787 macrumors regular

token787

Multitasking is great. Samsung is getting it right!

10. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I used Quasar on my jail broken iPad 2 and the screen size was fine.

11. preyan thread starter macrumors 6502

preyan

You obviously haven't been reading all the ads around you in the net :D
    Google and Apple do things beyond fun. That's how they know what you want, what you're searching for, blah blah blah :cool:

12. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

This. I used Quasar on my iPad 1, and even with that limited hardware it was nice to use. Surely something like this can be implemented with the new iPads...

13. kaielement macrumors 65816

I would never use it. I like the way apple deals with it now. All I need is a way to quickly switch between apps which they have implemented nicely