Multitasking not working!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacGiver, Jun 21, 2010.

1. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

I was not expecting this from MT.
    Example: I open doodle jump or angry bird apps. I start playing and during the game action double click on the home button. As expected i have the tray down there and i select Mail for instance...i check my mail...i double click one more time on the home button and let's say i want to go back to doodle jump exactly where i left it in the middle of a "jump"...it does not take me there at all but to the doodle jump home menu...i have to restard the game from scratch!!! Is it what multitasking is...?
    Did i miss something or some apps do not support the MT yet?

2. Fazzl macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

4. chrisvanhorn macrumors regular

chrisvanhorn

There are only a few applications that have been updated to make use of the IOS 4 multitasking API's including saving their current state for when you come back.

If you patiently wait a couple of weeks, I'm sure most popular apps will be updated. (Both for multitasking support and higher resolution art for the retina display.)

5. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Each app needs to be updated to support multitasking.

6. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Apps are not able to make use of the multitasking abilities until they are updated.

7. xtend macrumors regular

+1

that fixed it for me too! :)

8. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

9. mbell75 macrumors 6502

Hopefully it will work once all the apps get updated, but that could take months and there is no guarantee the dev of a certain ap will even bother to update it. On my Evo. If I am playing a game and want to check an incoming email or whatever, I can leave it and then go back and it will ask if I want to resume or restart the game. Its awesome :)

10. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Please Just stop. This is all you talk about in every thread.

11. dmize31287 macrumors regular

You failed to mention your battery dies 30 minutes later. I personally can't see fitting a 4.3'' screen in my pocket for a phone. It's like sticking your GPS in your pocket, unless you have a purse...

12. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

I have a feeling there are gonna be a lot of threads like this in the next week or 2 until all the apps are updated.

13. mbell75 macrumors 6502

It does? Really? My stock battery lasts 12-16 hours with pretty good usage and more like 20+ with light usage. My 1800mah extended life battery is even better. As you can see, my battery is still at 49% after 20hrs 44mins of moderate use. 6-7 phone calls, tons of texts, web browsing and some live TV. People with battery problems usually dont know how to manage their phones. They leave everything auto updating every hour or two which is just not needed or they leave their GPS on while sitting at home...The Evo gets great battery life if you use common sense.

Attached Files:

14. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You forget about fat pants and god forbid cargo pants. Yuck!

15. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Stop stop stop. We don't care.

16. truciet macrumors 6502

get a life and stop trolling already...

17. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Updating an app to support saving it's state during multitasking is a trivial matter and any app worth keeping will be updated shortly.

18. RobertD63 macrumors 6502

Agreed. If we wanted to hear about a 4G EVO Oooooppss... I really meant to say 3G sense its NOT F#$%in 4G!!!!!!!

Do me a favor. Drain your battery somewhere else. And. Heres a kicker. Go glue your screen back down.
    It is a :apple::apple::apple: forum....

19. mbell75 macrumors 6502

So I post visual PROOF of what I am arguing when everyone else just posts out their ass and I am the troll? Gotta love fanboys :)

20. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Yep gotta love those Evo fanboys. :)

21. truciet macrumors 6502

Anyone ask for it? Anyone even bother you? All you do is troll and jack off to your EVO non-stop. NO ONE CARES! You go beyond a fanboy. Sigh...you are seriously a joke dude...worthless...

22. mbell75 macrumors 6502

Yea he did. He said my battery lasts 30 minutes. So I posted proof.

23. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

It was a hyperbole. I don't get why you continue to troll around here, no one likes it and it'd be better if you went to an Android forum or stopped trolling. I'm not giving you an ultimatum (I don't have much power 'round these parts) I'm just telling you how I feel.

But you'll probably choose to continue doing what you're doing. :rolleyes:

24. MacGiver thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

OK OK OK Guys....I started this thread and i can see it makes a lot of you pissed...anyways, i understand not all apps are compatible with OS4 yet which i find extremelly odd...THEY HAD TIME TO WORK ON IT! Maybe not all but when I see the Skype CEO presenting this at the keynote weeks/months ago and that it is not even multitasking yet, i found this ridiculous...
    That is all i have to say
    X

25. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    This is correct, and why we're going to get a lot of confused people asking the same question.

And not just to take advantage of the real multitasking stuff like background music streaming.

Apple also built parts of the freeze code into the APIs which are compiled into each application.

Therefore each application must be recompiled for iOS4 with the latest APIs.