Multitasking screens show old views

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ry23, Aug 2, 2013.

1. ry23 macrumors member

So I've noticed that quite often when I double click the home button to view multi task, the view of what is open is old.. If that makes sense? Like say I receive a text, I double click out to multi task and open my messages. I then reply to the message and go back to what I was previously doing. Now say I go back to multi task to go to another opened app... Well the messages tab will still show the blue dot (as if I got a new message) even tho that's the message I responded to.

It does this for everything, old web pages will show in the tab until you click on the tab and it opens the page you were actually at. Anyway, is this a bug or wat? Lol

My bad if this has been talked about before! I already searched it and couldn't find anything so don't hate me :p

2. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

This is because iOS automatically saves a screenshot after the app is closed for a while, to make the animation seem quicker when the app is opened again. The reason you see the older view is that iOS hasn't changed the screenshot it took of the app since the last view. Not sure of a way to fix this, however.

3. ry23 thread starter macrumors member

For sure! Ya I was so confused lol I couldn't figure it out and thought it must be a bug. Thank ya much lol

4. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

I believe this will be fixed in the future with background app refresh? I'm not completely sure if that extends to the multitasking panes, however, but it would seem that feature could talk to apps to get a screenshot taken, or at least just update the app and use a minimized version of the app in the multitasking pane. Perhaps this will be a new feature, announced or not, in the new iPhone since its expected to have 2GB of RAM. I wouldn't expect this capability on the iPhone 4/4S, iPad 2/mini with 512MB.

5. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Apps using that feature should not be updating their UI.