Multitasking Suggestions till 4.0 comes out

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Naethyn, May 22, 2010.

1. Naethyn macrumors regular

Naethyn

I currently use Backgrounder for my iPhone 3G but I was wondering is backgrounder the best solution or is their a better app to multitask.

I was wondering if and when 4.0 OS comes out will their be a large cydia app upgrade due to the 7 Native Multitasking features.

2. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

What are you after exactly?
    I am pretty sure there isn't an app that manages backgrounding differently, e.g. apples 4.0 multitasking.
    There are however many apps that use backgrounder to make a better user interface for multi-tasking like Pro-switcher, kirikae, mQuickDo etc.

What would Cydia have to do with multitasking features? i sure there will be an update for cydia when its compatible with 4.0, but not sure why multitasking features would effect it.

3. Naethyn thread starter macrumors regular

Naethyn

I mean Cydia apps, because their are gaming apps as well as themes and such, and say you want to do two at once but still need to use Backgrounder instead of the native Multitasking.

4. calvy macrumors 65816

I plan to use backgrounder even with 4.0 comes out. That crap isn't real backgrounding.

5. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

Yeah - it does what you'll need it to without using as much resources. You can see in the Backgrounder settings that you can choose whether to "fully background" an app (have the app act like it is still open) or "native background" the app (when it is supported) to allow for however the devs of the app implement it. Always nice to have a choice.

6. Naethyn thread starter macrumors regular

Naethyn

I completely agree with the fact that with the iPhone OS 4 you will not have a choice your iPhone will just act like it is open where as with a PalmPre all the apps are meant and designed for backgrounding where as the AppStore apps as well as the Cydia apps will take sometime to upgrade to be iPhone 4.0 Compatible.

Thanks for the tip!