Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thkl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2013
Whenever I use the multitasking swipe (pinch) on my iPad 3 (four/ five-finger swipe) to go back to the homescreen, I recognize some strange interface glitches.
Swipe out of Safari turns the background dark, so that the wallpaper is practically invisible until the homescreen pops up. That happens only with Safari.
Whenever I use the swipe with an app, that is located in a folder, at the end of the transition, the background of that folder flickers. I checked the iPads at the Apple store (mini and v4), these were ok. Did already a clean install. Seems to be a bug on iPad 3.
Anyone out there, who made the same observation? If I use the home button to go back to the homescreen, erverything works as expected: smooth and clean.

(By the way: I posted this thread at the Apple discussion board and it was deleted immediately. Rationale: This is a feature request/ a feedback!)

:confused:

djmodifyd

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
Exact same thing for me! I havnt done a clean install, but I see the exact same UI glitches under the exact same scenarios. I have a 3rd gen iPad

thkl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2013
Good to hear!

Exact same thing for me! I havnt done a clean install, but I see the exact same UI glitches under the exact same scenarios. I have a 3rd gen iPad

Good to hear! So it is a bug and we can hope for a fix. I was afraid it is hardware related!:)

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I had the same thing. I have already went back to ios6 on iPad. I'm surprised apple released it in such a state on iPad. It's not even optimized for iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.