Multitasking Thought...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by newbreed23, Jul 1, 2010.

1. newbreed23 macrumors member

Now that we have multitasking, I was wondering how often everyone actually uses it? I only ask because I found myself so hyped for the feature but after a week or so with my the iPhone 4 I notice that I rarely use it.

I essentially use it when I get a text and want to reply and then go right back to where I left off. I have also used it a couple times for Pandora. Outside of that I find that I really only use one app at a time. What is everyone else's experience like?

Sorry if there is a thread on this already but I searched and couldn't find one. Please point me in the right direction if there is one. Thanks!!!

2. JonB3Z macrumors 6502

I use MT it a lot with GPS apps (MotionX GPS on my bicycle; TomTom in the car).

I've been reading a book in iBooks, and I use the double-click of Home to switch into and out of that as the need arises to access another app, or the iPod controls, or lock the screen to vertical orientation (so I can read while lying on my side).

All in all, quite useful.

3. chew63 macrumors member

Same here. Use it for iBooks, games, texts, etc. For my purposes, apple's implementation of "Multi-tasking" is excellent.

I still have a few apps that haven't been updated yet though...boo!

4. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

I've found the pausing of apps quite useful. I was just sending an email the other day and added a few pictures by quickly swapping between the photos app to copy the pic and mail to paste in the pics.

I have been disappointed to find that apps that have built in ways to play music (ie: Monopoly) cause the iPod music controls to be grayed out, so I have to use the internal method to the app which involves creating a playlist of music for the app to play. This was the reason I wanted MT.