Multitouch and Function keys not working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skir0987, Mar 10, 2009.

1. skir0987 macrumors regular

I just did a clean install of leopard (10.5.0) on my Macbook Pro 4,1 and it seems that my trackpad's multitouch functionality is gone and that the function keys don't work. Anybody know what the problem is? I'm thinking it may have to do with the version of leopard I have, but I'm not sure...

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I don't remember exactly, but I think you have 10.5.4 or higher? Run an update first and see what happens!

3. raclotz macrumors member

raclotz

i had the same problem but when i clicked rollback driver under properties i was surprised to see it working again.. i have mac os x 10.5.3.. you can try the same...

4. skir0987 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks... I'm doing an update right now... 2 hours left on the download though :mad:

EDIT: Hm... that was weird... it just leapt from 150mb to 675 in like a second...:eek: Now it says the download is done... I'll try restarting and see what happens

EDIT 2: Well that didn't work at all... I'm just gonna download the combo update from Apple's website because I seem to remember that there were problems with the software update one. Also, my "About this Mac" screen shows Version 10.5, which is lower than the version that came with the Macbook Pro (10.5.4), so I'm guessing that's what the problem is.