Multitouch gestures on windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Jollins, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Jollins macrumors regular

Jollins

Is there any way to implement 3/4 finger multitouch gestures when running Windows natively? I find myself really missing the 3 finger back/forward swipes while web browsing in particular. I've searched around and I can't find anything about using Apple's three/four finger multi touch gestures in windows.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Why not install the drivers that you were instructed to install by Boot Camp's software?

3. Jollins thread starter macrumors regular

Jollins

That isn't what I mean. Finder, OS X safari, and recent OS X firefox builds accept 3 finger swipes for back/forward control. In Windows under boot camp (even with the drivers installed), this doesn't work. Apple's drivers only add support for two-finger scrolling and right-click. I am wondering if there is a way to have windows recognize 3 and 4 finger gestures, instead of just the 2 finger support Apple's drivers add.

4. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

Windows on a Mac will most likely never have the multigesture capabilities. This is mainly due to the Windows API and driver support. You might be able to see this capability occur in Windows 7 and if the Windows developers that Apple has hired can implement it.

5. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

Pigs will fly before this happens. Multitouch gestures on the trackpad is one of Apple's key selling points for OSX. There's no way they will hand that ability over to bootcamp until at the very least all other PC machines already have the feature. That won't happen for a while.

6. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

We saw a good example of this when Apple asked Google not to include multitouch gestures on the G1. For now, it's OSX and iPhone/iPod Touch only.

7. aliennr9 macrumors newbie

8. contradel macrumors newbie

Multi touch gestures in bootcamp

A Chrome extension is out which enable Bootcampers to swipe back/forth with two fingers for pages. You can get it here:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mgegfjnccpnkdppohmfgnjalkediapkc

Or search for it yourself:
    Swipe Gesture

In google addon store.

All credits goes to antimatter15.com for creating this. It's still at an early stage, but very useful indeed. And as seeing that swiping back/forth is one of the most used multi touch features (at least to my experience) this addon is a godsend. Also has no problem with people running virtual machines, as the addon can simply be turned off.

9. terraphantm macrumors 68040

You realize this thread was more than 3 years old, right?