Multitouch help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by LikuidMetal, Feb 25, 2010.

1. LikuidMetal macrumors regular

LikuidMetal

I have a 17" MBP 10.6.2 ver or model Number 3 all aluminum and I want to get the multi touch extension to work on it. My friend has the same 17" MBP 10.6.2 but his says ver or model Number 4. How can I get the appleusbmultitouch.kext installed correctly to have this feature?

2. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Umm why is this in programming? I expected an actual multi touch problem, you know involving UITouch * objects and stuff...

So maybe permissions? If you are installing a .kext, you probably need to repair permissions in Diskutil.

3. LikuidMetal thread starter macrumors regular

LikuidMetal

Sorry what boardshould this be in, I figured it was a programing issue.
    Thanks

4. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If you have this Mac, then the .kext file will not enable any multi-touch features, as the trackpad is not multi-touch capable.

If you jut want to work on it (.kext file) due to some programming issue, be clear in your post(s) and your thread title, as of right now, no one seems to know what you really want.

6. LikuidMetal thread starter macrumors regular

LikuidMetal

The link will not work. As for the multitouch, I wanted the four finger swipe feature. Like I mentoned in the first post, my friend has the same MBP 10.6.2 model 4, but mine is a model 3 and he has the four finger swipe feature.

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The link: http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...k-pro-core-2-duo-2.4-17-santa-rosa-specs.html - it works for me in Safari 4.

You have a MacBook Pro 3,1, your friend has a MacBook Pro 4,1.

They look the same, but one supports multi-touch, and one does not. No .kext file will change that. It's a hardware issue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. LikuidMetal thread starter macrumors regular

LikuidMetal