Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LikuidMetal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
Irving Texas
I have a 17" MBP 10.6.2 ver or model Number 3 all aluminum and I want to get the multi touch extension to work on it. My friend has the same 17" MBP 10.6.2 but his says ver or model Number 4. How can I get the appleusbmultitouch.kext installed correctly to have this feature?

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Umm why is this in programming? I expected an actual multi touch problem, you know involving UITouch * objects and stuff...

So maybe permissions? If you are installing a .kext, you probably need to repair permissions in Diskutil.

LikuidMetal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
Irving Texas
Umm why is this in programming? I expected an actual multi touch problem, you know involving UITouch * objects and stuff...

So maybe permissions? If you are installing a .kext, you probably need to repair permissions in Diskutil.

Sorry what boardshould this be in, I figured it was a programing issue.
Thanks

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
I have a 17" MBP 10.6.2 ver or model Number 3 all aluminum and I want to get the multi touch extension to work on it. My friend has the same 17" MBP 10.6.2 but his says ver or model Number 4. How can I get the appleusbmultitouch.kext installed correctly to have this feature?

If you have this Mac, then the .kext file will not enable any multi-touch features, as the trackpad is not multi-touch capable.

If you jut want to work on it (.kext file) due to some programming issue, be clear in your post(s) and your thread title, as of right now, no one seems to know what you really want.

LikuidMetal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
Irving Texas
If you have this Mac, then the .kext file will not enable any multi-touch features, as the trackpad is not multi-touch capable.

If you jut want to work on it (.kext file) due to some programming issue, be clear in your post(s) and your thread title, as of right now, no one seems to know what you really want.

The link will not work. As for the multitouch, I wanted the four finger swipe feature. Like I mentoned in the first post, my friend has the same MBP 10.6.2 model 4, but mine is a model 3 and he has the four finger swipe feature.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
The link will not work. As for the multitouch, I wanted the four finger swipe feature. Like I mentoned in the first post, my friend has the same MBP 10.6.2 model 4, but mine is a model 3 and he has the four finger swipe feature.

The link: http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...k-pro-core-2-duo-2.4-17-santa-rosa-specs.html - it works for me in Safari 4.

You have a MacBook Pro 3,1, your friend has a MacBook Pro 4,1.

They look the same, but one supports multi-touch, and one does not. No .kext file will change that. It's a hardware issue.

4387256491_d65c8054cb_o.png

4387256495_e8a5149d9a_o.png

LikuidMetal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
Irving Texas
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.