Multitouch - How often do you use it?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by chrf097, Dec 20, 2011.

1. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

How often do you use your multitouch gestures? I've found that even with my mouse, I use a combination of the multitouch on my MBP's trackpad, to the point were I forget I have my wireless mouse plugged in! So how often do you use the multitouch?

2. prisstratton macrumors 6502

prisstratton

All the time.....so much so that I do not even use the mouse anymore.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Never. I had the MT, but couldn't break the use of a mouse. Ended up selling the MT to another MR member.

4. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I'd say about 15-20 percent of the time. I use it to browse the web and fool around with some applications like iTunes and mail. Most of the time though when I need precise control like in Photoshop which is probably 80% or better of my computer's use, I have a Kensington trackball pro that takes the cake~

5. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I use the same mouse at home and on my Windows box at work. I like it. It's the Logitech VX470 (sp?) bluetooth mouse. I own a magic mouse because I thought it would support multitouch but nowadays it sits in a drawer. Perhaps I'll sell it and buy myself a BT trackpad so I can try multitouch on my Macbook.

No. Wait. Perhaps I'll break down and pick up a MBP for myself when the new models get announced early next year. But for now, I don't have the slightest idea what all the hoopla is about. I use gestures on my iOS devices but can't imagine what it would be like to use 'em on my Mac.

I have a quick question. On my clueless Windows boxes at the office, if I leave the touchpad enabled, I wind up with the cursor flying around randomly while I type. Is this sort of thing prevented on OS X? I keep my touchpad switched off (when my BT mouse is active) on my Macbook but I wonder if I'd see some of the same problems where my thumb gets too close to the trackpad and suddenly I'm typing one my secret passwords into the readme file edit window for one of my Xcode projects! :eek:

6. lotones macrumors regular

What's a mouse? Oh wait, you mean that thing that holds my spare trackpad batteries?

7. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

I have not had this problem. In fact, the MBA was the machine that convinced me not to turn off the trackpad.

8. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Everyday, although I have the Magic mouse and use the mutli-touch on it. Does takes some getting used to on the small mouse, but I love it.

9. kamuix macrumors regular

Almost never since I have a razer naga plugged in. I have a magic mouse but that's sitting in the drawer. When I do take the mba for class, I use it then since the trackpad is all I got.

10. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

I dont as i hate the multi touch use on my macbook and plus when i did try to use it my carpale tunnel flared up i cant even use the motion controllers on my wii for a long time cause of it