Multitouch in Lion - Annoying

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by iseethruyou, Jul 20, 2011.

1. iseethruyou macrumors newbie

So I just downloaded lion and installed it. To be honest it is not much different from SL, but there are some changes they made to multi touch that are very annoying:

1. On SL I had it set up so a 4 finger down sweep would display all my open windows/programs. Mission control seems like lions version of this but the only way I can set is to swipe up with three fingers. Has anyone found a way to change it so I can use mission control with a four finger swipe up?

2. On SL, while browsing I could use a three finger swipe back to go back a webpage and a 3 finger swipe to go forward. Can't find this option in Lion - has anyone seen it?

If I cant find any solution to this i am going back to SL because the pros of lion dont out weigh the above cons.

2. iseethruyou thread starter macrumors newbie

3. John Mang macrumors member

System prefs, trackpad -> More gestures. Change it to Four finger up for mission control

4. pr002i, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

pr002i macrumors newbie

How!?! I'm desperately trying to restore my 3 finger 'back' and 'forward' gestures.

Thanks for any tips...

[EDIT]
    Figured it out...at least somewhat. It is now working, that much is for sure.

I opened up chrome (my usual browser) and swiping forward/back wasn't working. So I opened up system preferences *and* safari. In the trackpad settings, under "more gestures", I changed the "swipe between pages" from 3 fingers to 4, then used some swiping forward/back in safari. Then I changed it back to 3 fingers, swiped forward/back in safari, and now it works to swipe foward/back in chrome.

Hope that helps.

5. laudern macrumors 6502a

Humm..swiping up is nowhere near as easy as swiping down, thats for sure

6. Mikegs macrumors regular

Too bad "show desktop" can't be customized. I find that gesture akward and would like to make it three or four finders down, but can't do it

7. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Download BetterTouchTool and edit it with your own preference. But remember to disable the settings under TrackPad in System Prefs first!

8. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

Could you elaborate on how you solved this? I use firefox as my default brower.

9. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I have my prefs set like these and three finger back/forward works for me in Firefox.

Attached Files: