Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iseethruyou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
So I just downloaded lion and installed it. To be honest it is not much different from SL, but there are some changes they made to multi touch that are very annoying:

1. On SL I had it set up so a 4 finger down sweep would display all my open windows/programs. Mission control seems like lions version of this but the only way I can set is to swipe up with three fingers. Has anyone found a way to change it so I can use mission control with a four finger swipe up?

2. On SL, while browsing I could use a three finger swipe back to go back a webpage and a 3 finger swipe to go forward. Can't find this option in Lion - has anyone seen it?

If I cant find any solution to this i am going back to SL because the pros of lion dont out weigh the above cons.

John Mang

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
System prefs, trackpad -> More gestures. Change it to Four finger up for mission control

pr002i

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
Solved #2.

How!?! I'm desperately trying to restore my 3 finger 'back' and 'forward' gestures.

Thanks for any tips...

[EDIT]
Figured it out...at least somewhat. It is now working, that much is for sure.

I opened up chrome (my usual browser) and swiping forward/back wasn't working. So I opened up system preferences *and* safari. In the trackpad settings, under "more gestures", I changed the "swipe between pages" from 3 fingers to 4, then used some swiping forward/back in safari. Then I changed it back to 3 fingers, swiped forward/back in safari, and now it works to swipe foward/back in chrome.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Mikegs

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2010
Too bad "show desktop" can't be customized. I find that gesture akward and would like to make it three or four finders down, but can't do it

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
Download BetterTouchTool and edit it with your own preference. But remember to disable the settings under TrackPad in System Prefs first!

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Could you elaborate on how you solved this? I use firefox as my default brower.

I have my prefs set like these and three finger back/forward works for me in Firefox.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-07-20 at 11.21.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-20 at 11.21.38 PM.png
    42 KB · Views: 72
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.