Multitouch MacBooks get inertial scrolling!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tominabox1, Jul 27, 2010.

1. tominabox1 macrumors regular

2. tominabox1 thread starter macrumors regular

didnt notice this had hit front page already... anyhow, it is what it is :)

3. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I can't wait to "flick" on my 2010 Macbook! lol. Good move by them, I figured we would've got this soon though, seems any trackpad of Apples can do it!

4. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

I just picked up a new MBP 13 inch on Sunday. I installed the update and I don't seem to have the 3 finger drag ability. My specific model isn't listed on the official Apple page for the update either http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4254.

What gives? I had the 3 finger swipe to navigate ability when I setup this thing on Sunday night.

5. SexyBeast macrumors regular

I can't do the three finger drag either. How do you do it?

6. Surely Guest

Surely

You need to activate it in the Trackpad settings.

Pretty useless if you ask me. I'd rather leave it as 3-finger swipe to navigate.

7. SexyBeast macrumors regular

yeah I just figured it out. You have to choose either 3 fingers to drag windows or 3 fingers to swipe to navigate. I'd rather have swipe to navigate.

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Other way around. 3-finger drag works exactly as if you had a mouse and click+hold+drag. It works for anything, folders, icons, text, windows, etc. 3-finger swipe is useful but I drag windows more often than going backward/forward.

9. Surely Guest

Surely

I find it much easier to just click the trackpad and drag the window around while holding the click.

You're wrong. I'm right.;)

10. Alpha5 macrumors newbie

Can anyone help me? I have a 2.13ghz white non-unibody MacBook from 2009 I'm unable to find any Three Finger Gesture option in my Trackpad Sys Prefs.

On the update it clearly states "MacBook (13-inch, Mid 2009)". I know these don't come with the glass trackpads, but why would Apple list these models in the updates?

11. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

Wow,this new feature is great,I didn't know it existed till I found this thread.Thanks guys. :)

12. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

Does the inertial scroll work for you?

13. Alpha5 macrumors newbie

It's tough to tell because I've never used an iPhone, but from what I can see in demo videos, I don't think it works on my Macbook.

If this is a glass-trackpad only update, I'm just perplexed why Apple would include my specific model in their list?