Multitouch MacBooks get inertial scrolling!

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
I can't wait to "flick" on my 2010 Macbook! lol. Good move by them, I figured we would've got this soon though, seems any trackpad of Apples can do it!

falterego

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2008
Southern California
I just picked up a new MBP 13 inch on Sunday. I installed the update and I don't seem to have the 3 finger drag ability. My specific model isn't listed on the official Apple page for the update either http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4254.

What gives? I had the 3 finger swipe to navigate ability when I setup this thing on Sunday night.

SexyBeast

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
yeah I just figured it out. You have to choose either 3 fingers to drag windows or 3 fingers to swipe to navigate. I'd rather have swipe to navigate.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
You need to activate it in the Trackpad settings.

Pretty useless if you ask me. I'd rather leave it as 3-finger swipe to navigate.
Other way around. 3-finger drag works exactly as if you had a mouse and click+hold+drag. It works for anything, folders, icons, text, windows, etc. 3-finger swipe is useful but I drag windows more often than going backward/forward.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Other way around. 3-finger drag works exactly as if you had a mouse and click+hold+drag. It works for anything, folders, icons, text, windows, etc. 3-finger swipe is useful but I drag windows more often than going backward/forward.
I find it much easier to just click the trackpad and drag the window around while holding the click.

You're wrong. I'm right.;)

Alpha5

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2005
Can anyone help me? I have a 2.13ghz white non-unibody MacBook from 2009 I'm unable to find any Three Finger Gesture option in my Trackpad Sys Prefs.

On the update it clearly states "MacBook (13-inch, Mid 2009)". I know these don't come with the glass trackpads, but why would Apple list these models in the updates?

saxon48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Barad-dûr
Can anyone help me? I have a 2.13ghz white non-unibody MacBook from 2009 I'm unable to find any Three Finger Gesture option in my Trackpad Sys Prefs.

On the update it clearly states "MacBook (13-inch, Mid 2009)". I know these don't come with the glass trackpads, but why would Apple list these models in the updates?
Does the inertial scroll work for you?

Alpha5

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2005
It's tough to tell because I've never used an iPhone, but from what I can see in demo videos, I don't think it works on my Macbook.

If this is a glass-trackpad only update, I'm just perplexed why Apple would include my specific model in their list?