multitouch not working for certain user accounts

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by misswormwood, Jan 11, 2009.

1. misswormwood macrumors newbie

Dear all,

after having browsed through the MacBook forums and not having found an answer to my specific problem I decided to post the following, hopefully not too stupid, question:

I´ve a weird problem with the trackpad of my brand new 13" MacBook:
    there are three user accounts on it, let´s say "Admin", "User-1" and "User-2". While the multitouch option is working fine for the "Admin" and "User-1" accounts, it does not work in the "User-2" account, no matter which settings I try in the trackpad system preferences panel.

I´m pretty sure that this has something to do with the fact that the "User-2" account is the only one that was migrated (using the migration assistant) from my old G4 iBook. I reckon that this caused some incompatible system preferences to be installed somewhere in the depths of the "system" or "user/library" folders.

Does anyone have an idea/advice as to what I can do about this (besides creating an entirely new account)?

2. misswormwood thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh well.

I created a new account and deleted the old (migrated) one. Everything works fine now.

I was hoping, though, that there might be some more sophisticated way of "repairing" faulty trackpad settings. :p