Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dominordelingua

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
It's kinda strange. Multitouch was working just fine in OSX, but then I needed to use a Windows program and switched using Bootcamp. When I was done I restarted and logged into OSX to find that Multitouch no longer works.

It seems it works up to two fingers, but no three or four finger swipes work at all.

Anyone else have this problem? ¿Solutions?

tubbymac

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2008
I'm running Windows 7 instead of XP on my bootcamp, but I can't reproduce the problem. Just tried going from OSX, to Windows 7 under bootcamp, back to OSX again and my multitouch with tap to click doesn't have any problems. Two, three, and four finger swipes work.

Next time it doesn't work try this: Click on the time in the menu bar of OSX. Select Open Date & Time from the menu. Click on the Clock tab and then the Time Zone tab. Your time should get updated to the correct time as OSX connects to the NTP server. Does the multitouch work again after those steps?

BlackLight

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
well i have as well and in my situation two finger scroll and click works... but tap, two finger right click and other gestures doesn't work at all its like the track pad is completely dead (useless).. i have to restart to get full functionality ..and this has happened on more than one occasion when switched to osx from Xp.

watergun

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2007
Yes, I also have this problem. What I normally do to fix this is to disable and then enable multitouch via the System Preferences again.

dominordelingua

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
Next time it doesn't work try this: Click on the time in the menu bar of OSX. Select Open Date & Time from the menu. Click on the Clock tab and then the Time Zone tab. Your time should get updated to the correct time as OSX connects to the NTP server. Does the multitouch work again after those steps?

i have to restart to get full functionality

Yes, I also have this problem. What I normally do to fix this is to disable and then enable multitouch via the System Preferences again.

This is the first time this has happened to me, but even after logging out and back in and the doing a full reboot, still nothing helps. Thanks for the tips, I'll be trying them out when I get home since I'm still at work. :D

kastenbrust

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2008
North Korea
I wonder what causes this especially as theres no way windows could be interfering with the OS X partition, it wouldnt even regocnise the HFS+ formatting so i cant figure out why you guys are having this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.