MultiTouch Overlay

Discussion in 'iMac' started by eoinfen, Mar 25, 2012.

1. eoinfen macrumors newbie

Has anyone here ever used a MultiTouch Overlay on an iMac? If so, which one did you use and how did the accuracy compare to an iPhone/iPad? I'm thinking about getting one of these:

http://www.multi-touch-screen.co/multitouch-overlay-pq-labs-g3-g4-touch-screen/

What are your thoughts? is it possible to use one of these with a stylus and enable the computer to disregard the pressure from the side of your hand?

2. simsaladimbamba

Do you really want to control your iMac with your hand and arm in such an uncomfortable position? Wouldn't a graphic tablet be a better tool, for your arm's sake?
    Maybe have a look at this thread for ergonomic concerns.

3. eoinfen thread starter macrumors newbie

Possibly. I'm considering the Wacom bamboo also, but I'm not sure I'll like it. I want to use it with Avid Sibelius software, as I think it would save me lots of time being able to use a stylus with one hand and keyboard macros with the other. I think a tablet could prove finicky, as it will take a little more time to adjust to, and I don't think I'll like having to constantly hover over the tablet with the stylus to get an indication of where the mouse is on-screen.

How about using something like an iPad to mirror (and probably zoom) the image on-screen and control the movement of the mouse. Is that possible/practical?

4. Unkei macrumors member

Unkei