Multitouch Technology

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Chaos Incarnate, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Chaos Incarnate macrumors newbie

Chaos Incarnate

I apologize, as this is undoubtedly a complete n00b question, but I searched through the archives and didn't find anything.

The first I heard about Apple's Multitouch technology was in a Google Video I saw a couple years ago. In it, there was a guy using a huge display, and he was making shapes and colors, and arranging photos and browsing maps and playing games, and it was the coolest thing I'd seen. Then the technology premiers, and it's just a little device. Don't get me wrong, I love the iPhone and the Touch with a passion, but after seeing that huge screen in use, why hasn't Apple made a tablet? I don't think touch sensitive desktops are really going to be much more than a novelty, despite what HP hopes, but I feel that there is huge potential for a Mac tablet. I envision a computer without a keyboard or mouse, where the multitouch and internal accelerometers determine what you intend to do, much like the current iPhone and Touch devices do now.

And Apple would make it, so it would freaking own.

Anyhow, is there a reason Apple hasn't done this yet?

2. olternaut macrumors 6502a

They have. Its still in prototype though. Many people are assuming they will be coming out with more products based on Apple's brand of multitouch.....which happens to be called....Multi-Touch (tm)