Multitouch Trackpad Drivers?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mrat93, Jul 23, 2011.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I know Apple has their own drivers for their multitouch trackpads for Windows, but after getting so used to multitouch gestures on OS X, it just doesn't feel right.

Are there any drivers out there that'll allow things like momentum scrolling, switching applications, etc? I found one program called Trackpad++, but the installation is long and sketchy, and the installation didn't even work when I went through with it.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

That's the only alternative I am aware of.

Glad you agree on the sketchy bit. I've pointed that out in various other threads where it has come up.

B

3. oBMTo macrumors 6502

4. parapup macrumors 65816

parapup

Perhaps this thing from the Trackpad++ site -

"Power Plan Assistant is required, because during its setup it adjusts the system signing policy, making it possible to install drivers
    without Microsoft-approved signature "

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

That's it. It turns off driver signing. Many other unsigned drivers just come up with a warning, but this one turns off all warnings. Not good, IMHO.

B

6. emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

I don't think that's true because after installing the program, i still got the red warning message when installing their driver.

unsigned-device-driver.png

7. oBMTo macrumors 6502

Is trackpad++ the only solution. There has to be a better one.

8. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

I would like to see a better MT driver as well. Trackpad++ works OK but doesn't seem to add much functionality.

FYI, 64-bit Windows 7 requires signed drivers. It will not allow you to install drivers that are not signed unless you put it in a developer type mode. That is what happens when you install the power management app. Windows 7 32-bit does not enforce this policy. It will pop up a warning message but still allow you to install the unsigned driver.

9. Westone macrumors newbie

My two cents: I went through the Trackpad++ installation precisely as instructed on the site, using Windows 7 64 bit, and the driver will not install successfully, nor will Power Plan Assistant run even though it did install with no errors. Fortunately I only run Windows for 1 piece of software on occasion.

10. CocaCoca macrumors newbie

'd like to put mine 2 also. this ppa works for me for not less than 1.5 yr. trackpad also works. 64bit windows 7, mid-2009 mbp. the tools are good imho. like 'em.