Multitouch trackpad for standard MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kolya, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Kolya macrumors newbie

Since my MBP can recognise double fingered taps for scrolling etc., do you think upgrading to a "multi-touch" trackpad is a software or hardware issue?

Will we see software updates to the touchpad driver to enable me to "pinch" and zoom the same was as the MBA?

What do you think/know?

2. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

I believe this was just posted elsewhere and the consensus leaned towards a no. I would have to agree and suggest that this would be something I think they are going to promote in a new release of devices in order to get us to raise their sales numbers or something. :apple:

3. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

thats kind of stupid, because a good chunk of the mb(p) population won't upgrade to a new one soon. seeing as though the mb and mbp can do two finger scrolling and clicking already, i don't see why a firmware/driver update can't change it to three.

to not update the old ones is like apple giving a huge f-you to a very large part of its userbase.

anyways, the thing that interests me the most is the swipe. i don't care for the pinch zoom or the rotate.

4. techmonkey macrumors 6502a

I agree. The current trackpads on MB and MBP should be able to do the same thing the MacBook Air can do. Apple, if you are listening, dont forget about your old customers.