Murderous about gmail not allowing to DELETTTTTT!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mili-Mac, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Mili-Mac macrumors newbie

Im about to loose my marbles about Gmails ****.... its happening on my 'Mail' app and my iphone4.
    My mail was looking a bit creepy so I decided to to a spring clean... except everything seems to mysteriously go to some folder i have never allocated 'important'...wtf??? and no emails are deleting.... I have sifted through 1900+ **** eBay junk mail and other assorted crap nobody need 4 times on mac and iPhone only to discover the EMAILS ARE STILL THERE AFTER DELETING and important stuff to do with my house purchase has gone back into this effed up folder called 'important' - instead of my delegated 'house purchase' folder.
    I HAVE DELETED PREFERENCES IN LIBRARY
    I HAVE DELETED ACCOUNT AND RE-ADDED IT.... AND THE BITCH STILL WONT WORK!

I HAVE SEARCHER AND THIS IS APPARENTLY A COMMON AS F ISSUE... THEN WHY THE EFFFFFFF CAN'T ANYONE FIGURE IT OUT!!!!
    I'M GOING SLIGHTLY NUTTY FROM NOT SLEEPING AND TRYING EVERYTHING SO HAVE PITTY ON MY POOR BRAIN AND HELP ME....

(also note: my mac has been a tad slower than usual and mail has been a bitch to me not sending zipfiles... rudeee)

2. SandboxGeneral, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012

SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

Did you ever go into GMail's web-based page for your account and do your spring cleaning there? That's what I do and then the IMAP cleans out my Mail.app automatically.

3. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

I'm thinking most everything outside of the web interface just archives Gmail and doesn't delete or move to trash

If I want to take it off Gmail completely, when cleaning up spam, etc. I always do it from the web interface

4. Mili-Mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ok sure if it nicely and normally archived it somewhere that's fine... We'de still be friends.... But it's not... It's being completely psycho and putting all my emails spam junk and important house contracts in this bitch of a folder who eats everything... I have never put stuff in there and there are no rules... I will go to the interface and see if that works... Delete the hell out of it!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr
    Many thanks for you help and I'll let u know it it works...

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

While you're in there, go into Settings and check your IMAP, Label and System Labels settings. This is where the Important folder you're groaning about is located.

[​IMG]

6. Mili-Mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have thought about thisbut I was discouraged when reading other forums that this was happening even On the interface..,

7. imswimmin macrumors regular

If you're doing it correctly (through the web interface), you shouldn't run into issues. I've run into problems where the IMAP conflicts with me archiving/deleting emails in both the Mail application and the Gmail website, where such actions don't seem to register. If I were you, I would try to deal with your mess online. Way more often than not, doing tasks online does indeed get the job done. This is because, in the end, the Mail application checks back with Google's servers, so everything should eventually come back to normal for you.

8. Mili-Mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah the imap thingo has been configured and always check it whenever things go haywire. It doesn't seem to be an imap/pop issue....
    I did however take care of 'important' folder.... It's a google default folder you can't trash it you can only hide it. Have found that google interface isnt as user friendly as mac mail as you have to physically check every item individually.... Which blows when going through 700+ pages....

9. Mili-Mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya, Agreed... much less rude/bithcy/psycho on web interface....
    went back into Mail.app to see if it got the news from gmail interface and she's really struggling to cope with it all. I culled 5000 emails to 700 and filed everything nicely... Mail still not happy.
    There were about 90 files I tried to relocate in Mail app after my clean out, and low-and-behold they went back into inbox... Mail sux...

what about sync and rebuild... are these things going to help re-configure or add drama to it?

one thing is at least its isolated to a Mail.app problem... so need to go sort it out through there. What settings should i be adjusting?

----------

yep fixed all that jazz... I think Mail.app the the low-life culprit!