Muscle Memory...

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Slix, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Slix macrumors 6502a

Slix

This isn't exactly related to PowerPCs themselves, but it appears that MacRumors just changed the forum layout, so the PPC forum isn't on the right side of the 2 columns anymore, now it's on the left! :p

To related it to PowerPCs themselves so this thread isn't just me commenting on this change, what types of muscle memory things do you notice yourself having, especially when changing between PPCs and Intel Macs?

I tend to have issues with the fact that "natural scrolling" isn't on PPCs, so scrolling feels off when switching back and forth sometimes. I also notice myself sometimes going on Intel Macs with the App Store to the Apple Menu to look for "Software Update..." instead of the App Store Updates tab. :p

2. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

Well, a big one for me is just running Terminal commands that aren't there on PPC. A lot of things I've gotten from compiling them myself, but where the code isn't compatible with PPC.

3. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

I fixed the scroll thingy long time ago with this free App "Scroll Reverser"

4. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

Now that's good advice. Thanks!

5. RhianB macrumors 6502

RhianB

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL! I have a fast dial that goes directly here. :D

7. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

oh boy... this is going to throw me off completely when going from the main menu to this section LOL.