Muse Fans: The 2nd Law. What did you think?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Orange Furball, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Hello, so I know there must be some Muse fans here. I mean people with such good taste in computers must like good music too! Well The 2nd Law full album stream is out now, and I want to know your reactions.

Personally, I found some of it to be God awful. But some I just listened to over and over. Animals was one good one, and of course who could hate Madness. Also, I felt that Chris singing was a nice change, very different from Matt's voice!

If you haven't, listen to the album by clicking the link on Muse.mu, here: http://muse.mu/news,listen-to-the-2nd-law-online_1411.htm?f=news&pg=1

So what did you think?

2. 184550 Guest

I'm still searching for it from 'alternate' sources. If I can't find it, I'll just wait until next week so I can listen track by track. I find it too annoying to have to stream it through iTunes where you can't pause or easily go back to listen to a particular track again.

Though from the two lead singles, I'm having kind of mixed feelings; 'Survival' sounded too much like a continuation of 'The Resistance' era but I liked 'Madness' even though I thought the lyrics were simple.

3. Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Survival was okay. Not my favorite (but neither was Resistance...)

You can scrub to different tracks on iTunes if you want. I skipped around a bit when a song was just terrible

4. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

I don't really like any of it really, first muse almost I don't care for too.

Kinda bums me out too, as it was the last rock band I reliably properly liked, oh well.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I haven't liked Muse since Absolution, and IMO, that album was only "pretty good."

6. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Haven't heard The 2nd Law yet in its entirety, but Matt's vocals on "Madness" are pitifully embarrassing. (I loved their previous albums...)