Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 25, 2013
Just got a shiny new while/silver iPhone 5s today and noticed that the home button is kind of mushy. I had a a couple of other black 5s devices and the home buttons were extra clicky. Has anyone else gotten a mushy home button, unfortunately they wouldn't exchange it at T-Mobile.

Someone was complaning about their home button being too clicky a while back and I'd much rather have a clicky home button than a mushy one. :(

Anyone else feel like they got a mushy home button?

Last edited:

asdfgbg

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2013
Germany
Just got a shiny new while/silver iPhone 5s today and noticed that the home button is kind of mushy. I had a a couple of other black 5s devices and the home buttons were extra clicky. Has anyone else gotten a mushy home button, unfortunately they wouldn't exchange it at T-Mobile.

Someone was complaning about their home button being too clicky a while back and I'd much rather have a clicky home button than a mushy one. :(

Anyone else feel like they got a mushy home button?

My home button doesn't feel mushy. (I have the space grey one)

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
My first 5s had a nice solid click feel but didn't make too much noise. Unfortunately it had to be replaced due to constant restarts.

My second 5s has a pretty noisy home button. Doesn't really bother me though, it still has a solid click.

I'd suggest taking the phone into an Apple store and comparing it to the display models. You may also want to have a genius look at it. Maybe they'll replace it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.