Mushy home button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rotobadger, Jun 19, 2009.

1. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Love the new 3G S so far with one minor complaint...the home button has no "click" to it like my first gen. No biggie but was wondering if this was just my phone or all were like this.

2. eyephone macrumors member

Mine is just the same, mushy with no feeling or sound of click confirmation. Feels like there is an air bubble behind the button.:(

3. swanseastu macrumors member

swanseastu

mine also seems to be a different shade of black i.e lighter:(

4. elliotay macrumors regular

double-clicking is tricky

My home button on my new 3GS is very soft and has almost no tactile 'click'. Double tapping the home button to bring up contact favorities is now way trickier than it should be.

5. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

My 3gs home button is identical to my 3g.. it's still got a click you can feel.

6. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

Same here.

7. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I know exactly what youre talking about. My 3G was the same way and my 3G S is no different. This was one thing I had hoped they would improve in the quality of the new phone. No dice.

8. auburnfan24 macrumors regular

i was used to my 2g....the home button on it felt like pushing into a deep hole...this one does feel 'mushier' in comparison.

9. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

10. dogg macrumors regular

dogg

Same here. In addition the volume rocker feels the same. My fisrt gen was a better build qualIty. No reason for a return imo but annoying just the same.

11. UMHurricanes34 macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

My home button has the same clicky feel, but my power button has the mushy feel to it that you are all talking about. Not a fan.

12. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

I fell the same way but i thought that was because I was going from my 2g to my 3gs

Its kinda like did I click it? you never know untill the phone responds or does something...

13. Rootus macrumors 6502

The home button on my 3GS is solid, and has more resistance than on my first gen, but it most definitely still has a click you can hear & feel.

14. leandromp macrumors regular

i wish it could be just like the iPod Touch 2G!!

15. sesnir macrumors 6502

My power button is a tad mushy... and the home button has a completely odd texture to it. And it's not as clicky as my 3G. I'm sure I just have to break it in and get peanut butter on the home button or something.

16. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I was used to the iPod touch 2g's tactile solid click, the 3gs feels mushier, I can press it down a little without actually clicking it. I can get used to it though.

17. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Mine is "mushy" at the bottom, but the center and top "click."

18. Synthetickiller macrumors regular

My white 32gb has a solid feeling button, not mushy at all.

Maybe you guys should go to the apple store and have it replaced once the frenzy dies down. I'd be curious if they'll replace it for that problem.

19. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Yeah, good idea... Or, worse case scenario, they can give you a new screen... The home button is part of the replacement, along with the rubber gasket/seal that meets the edge of the chrome casing. Best luck, I had my 3G screen replaced for dust under the screen and the replacement screen had a much "clickier" home button.

20. 7seven7 macrumors newbie

My dad's 3G S has the same-feeling home button as my 3G.

21. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Mine felt mushy too! And at first I thought it was because the screen protector I put on got in the way....but it really is just mushy. It feels funny and will take some getting used to....