Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DKZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Hey

My 11" MBA is a little under 2 weeks old now, and so far the only problems I have encountered is with the keyboard.

The "V" button is mushy, for lack of a better word. I believe that something is getting in the "spring" mechanisme under the button, I do so, because the problem comes and goes. It's quite frustrating because at it's worst, the feedback from the button is missing and I don't know whether or not the button has been pushed. I've talked to the store where I bought it, and they say I should just bring it in, and they will fix it, but it could be 5-10 days, which I think is a bit excessive. My hope is that I can show up and ask to talk to a technician, who can just lift the button of to see it a cleaning of the mechanism won't help the problem.

I properly could do this myself, but I don't want to risk anything with my brand spanking new laptop.

Does anyone have any similar experience or advise?

Oh, and the "O" button squeaks, but it's not bad enough to actually hand in the computer over.

Pixellated

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
If it is just the key then it'll be a minute or two, but otherwise they will replace the entire upper case (keyboard integrated).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.