"Mushy" Keys in the 2011 MBPs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iMackPro, Apr 20, 2011.

1. iMackPro macrumors 6502

I posted a thread about this a few weeks ago when i first got my new mac but not many people had one at the time and now i want to get a more accurate reading about it, sorry for posting the same thread twice i searched the forums for about 15 minutes but failed to find it. Anyways:

have of the new 2011 users noticed the new "mushy" feel to the keys? They are softer and feel less "plasticly". While some have said they didn't like them im wondering how you all feel about them now that you have grown used to them! i love the new keys!!!!!!!!

2. Jmouse macrumors 6502

I prefer my Keys on the Aluminums way better than the unibodies.

3. Mollemand macrumors regular

The keys on my Air are more mushy than on my MBP. Both keyboards are brand new, as I had to buy a new one for my Air (don't ask).

I find the MBP-keys nice and exact, and I prefer them over the keys on the Air. Mushy? Not when compared to MBA.

4. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

They are always mushy to begin with. It will go away over time.

5. iMackPro thread starter macrumors 6502

so you don't like the mush? i think it feels much better to the touch! i really enjoy typing on the new keys

6. Mollemand macrumors regular

Heh,

Yes, I do like the MBP-keys best. But no, I don't like my keys too 'mushy' - the Air keyboard doesn't feel as 'exact'.

However I'm not a fast typer, and as such, I am perhaps not the pro for opinions on keyboards. I guess a programmer would have a more fine tuned preference for keyboards than me.

But as I said - I like the MBP-keys, in a sort of Goldilocks kind of way. :p