Music ain't my thing...

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Grunze, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Grunze macrumors regular

Grunze

Hi there,

I'm a graphics guy, and by no means an audio guy, but I come here to seek some help.

I'm looking to create some 10-15 second high energy audio clips for some sports type motion graphics. Nothing very specific, just some thing exciting that will be cool to give my animations some energy and something to edit to.

I have Garageband '08 and Soundtrack pro.

In either of these apps, is there some way I can easily create something that I designate to be 15 second and have a beginning and end?

Thanks!

2. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

In Soundtrack Pro, do a search in the media browser for "jingle". It should come back with a ton of pre-made material in various lengths, including 15 seconds. You could also try to just search for "short" to return the short versions of each piece.

I've found these jingles to be a real treasure, and they come with Soundtrack Pro at no extra charge (free to use in your projects, see the license agreement for details).

There are other software packages out there (at least one for Windows) that do what you asked for: you give it some parameters, such as mood, length, etc., and out comes a song, but I don't believe that GarageBand or Soundtrack pro can do this.

- Martin

3. Grunze thread starter macrumors regular

Grunze

Thanks. That's what I found as well.. and I think that's what I'll end up using.