Music albums appearing multiple times in iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jollins, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Jollins macrumors regular

Jollins

Hi folks

Lately I've noticed that my iPhone is displaying music albums multiple times under ablum view. This happens if multiple artists are listed within that album, so things like movie soundtracks have have a bunch of repeats.

[​IMG]

You can see here there is an entry for Stranger than Fiction for every different artist in the album, but they all lead to the same full album listing if I tap on any of them.

Any ideas? I think this may have started happening after I installed 3.1 (not jailbroken), because it definitely didn't do this before.

The "Group compilations when browsing" preference in iTunes has no effect. I've also tried restoring, and google isn't too helpful this time.

2. trajen macrumors 6502a

You have to select all the tracks for that album, right-click and select "get info" and under the options tab you can change the "part of a compilation" option to "yes." Under "Album Artist" you can also type "various artists."