Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Sorry if this has been asked but I'm an iTunes Match subscriber and listen to stuff via Bluetooth in my car.

My questions is if the volume can be adjusted in Maps aside from listening to music?

Voice directions seem to be twice as loud as the music being played.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

ItsGavinC

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
Yes, the turn-by-turn directions in Maps has it's own volume. To adjust it you have to open the Maps app and then use the phone volume controls on the side to adjust it.

You can't adjust the Maps volume from the lock screen, even if you are using turn-by-turn. It has to be from the Maps app.

I noticed the same thing while using it a couple of days ago. Was way too loud.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Yes, the turn-by-turn directions in Maps has it's own volume. To adjust it you have to open the Maps app and then use the phone volume controls on the side to adjust it.

You can't adjust the Maps volume from the lock screen, even if you are using turn-by-turn. It has to be from the Maps app.

I noticed the same thing while using it a couple of days ago. Was way too loud.

You're my hero! I'll take a look on my way home. Thanks for replying :)

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Now that we are on this topic, does anyone know wether the music gets quieter when directions are being read?

ItsGavinC

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
Just drove to lunch listening to bluetooth music and playing with the turn-by-turn directions.

This time, however, when I turned down the directions it also turned down the music. So it worked opposite of what it did for me on Saturday. I have no explanation for it.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Now that we are on this topic, does anyone know wether the music gets quieter when directions are being read?

Yes, but it worked better on the 1st beta.
On b2 it will sometimes get quieter 5-10 seconds before the voice prompt and stay that way for 5-10 seconds after the voice prompt.
B-1 was much smoother.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Just drove to lunch listening to bluetooth music and playing with the turn-by-turn directions.

This time, however, when I turned down the directions it also turned down the music. So it worked opposite of what it did for me on Saturday. I have no explanation for it.

Yeah I just tested it this morning and the blue tooth kind of overrides the volume and makes it one.

Fingers crossed they will add the feature in the next few betas.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Isn't it nice that Apple took the time to read my thread and fix the issue. :p

If you're still reading Apple I wouldn't mind having the option to turn the voice off inside the App.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.