Music and Podcasts apps

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by sdilley14, Sep 25, 2012.

1. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

Is anyone else less than impressed with the updates done in iOS in regards to these apps? I realize a seperate app was made for Podcasts a while back, but I continued to just use the integrated Podcast functionality in the Music app. Since upgrading to iOS 6 I was forced to download and use the seperate Podcasts app. Ok, that's fine. However, I'm really unimpressed with the way there appears to be zero visual streamlining between the apps. It makes the overall audio experience feel a bit fragmented. There are elements that I like about the updates done to both apps, I just wish they could have made them feel a bit more...connected I guess. Also, the skeuomorph effect they impleneted on the Podcast app that shows two spinning reels when you tap the main image to reveal the controls...looks tacky and adds to this fragmented and confused feel. I'm really surprised at how poorly this has been executed. They did add a "sleep" function on the Podcast app, which is nice. Otherwise I would say they are really missing the mark right now in regards to these apps.

2. sdilley14 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, thank goodness they finally fixed the Podcast app and got rid of all the skeuomorphism booosh*t. :D