music and safari

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pdfermat, Oct 21, 2007.

1. pdfermat macrumors newbie

I've been lurking here a while, and I haven't seen any recent posts on the problem people were having with Safari crashing at times when listening to music while web-browsing. Is anyone still having problems with this?

2. aft macrumors regular

ok so i have done no sort of scientific study on this so I'm sorry in advance if I'm completely wrong.

I noticed that the crashing happened a lot when my capacity was almost completely full (about 150mb left). Then i sorted through some music i dont listen to anyway and now I have 1gb left and it seems to crash much less and only crashes on really large pages so I wonder if this could be an available memory issue.

3. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Everyone sees it as beating a dead horse, I guess. I'm sure the people that had it occur still have it occur, since nothing has changed it.

4. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one. This happens to me all the time, it's really frustrating.

I'm going to see if I can free 1GB of my memory but I really hope Apple fixes this in the next update.

5. aft macrumors regular

Sorry to bump this for an update...Over the weekend, my Safari was quiting on me after about every two pages loads, at first I had music playing...then I turned it off and was having the same problem. I normally leave it on standby and never really turn it off, but decided to take a page out of MS troubleshooting and turned it COMPLETELY off and back on and like magic I was able to play music and surf with 5 open pages without out 1 quit the rest of the day (about 4 hours).

Not the #1 ideal solution, but reboot takes <1min so it'll work for me for now.

UPDATE: I had about 500mb freespace.

6. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

I have the exact same problem....which is killing me and getting me ashamed when show off this great device .....I hope a future update would fix this issue!

7. joshi3joshi macrumors regular

i dont know why , but for me, my safari has never crashed while playing music. i have loaded even heavy-webpages with lots of pictures on it withabout 4 different open windows, and its never crashed. i guess im just lucky :)

8. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Yesterday I was listening to music while using Safari and it crashed about 5 times. Ive got like 7.0GB left.