Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I just notice that when I use the music app and accidentally tap the search bar I cannot tap the unused space between the keyboard and the search bar to cancel the search but I can in the mail app. In the the music app you have to tap cancel but in mail you can tap the unused(where the mail is) space to cancel it or the cancel button.
Pictures of what I am talking about:
zygehumy.jpg

6enu8uta.jpg

It is really annoying to me. I think apple forgot to add this. (iOS 7.0.2)

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
Wait? You have to tap the 'cancel' button to 'cancel' a search and not just anywhere? I really don't see how this could be annoying. Seems like the other app is misbehaving by allowing arbitrary tapping to activate a cancellation instruction.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Apple forgot A LOT of things in this version of the music app. There are far worse mistakes than this.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Wait? You have to tap the 'cancel' button to 'cancel' a search and not just anywhere? I really don't see how this could be annoying. Seems like the other app is misbehaving by allowing arbitrary tapping to activate a cancellation instruction.

I did this in iOS 6 a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.