Music app. Artist -> Group by album??

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by silver8ack, Sep 29, 2013.

1. silver8ack macrumors regular

So one thing I cannot stand in ios 7 is in the music app. Is there any way to get the old functionality back when browsing by artist?

For instance, I have 41 albums from The Beatles. When I browse by artist and select them, I have to scroll through every freaking song to get to the last album.

Please tell me there is a way to just list the albums when browsing by artist. Wtf were they thinking on this one?

2. defunct32 macrumors regular

I just noticed this on my nephew's iPhone 5 and I find that annoying, I cannot imagine the frustration you're going through just to find the album you want... and 41 albums at that?

3. silver8ack thread starter macrumors regular

Yea it's quite ridiculous. Instead of being able to select an album And be presented with a new screen with just those songs, I have to scroll through 400+ songs just for one artist. If I want to play just a particular album it's a nightmare.

I suppose I could search but I don't know all the albums/songs in memory.

I have 14 Led Zeppelin albums with hundreds of songs.

Really a bone head design move here.

4. CTHarrryH, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013

CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

Can't you just go to more and select Albums? Maybe I'm missing something here - why it isn't on the main screen I don't know but I can view by album
    And you can edit to put album view on main page

Didn't even know 41 Beatles albums - only have 20

5. silver8ack thread starter macrumors regular

Sure I can select albums. Then the Beatles albums are scattered all over the place.

Actually I can go into albums and search for an artist. But this just seems like 2 extra steps plus typing. It's stupid.

I have a bunch of single albums and stuff. Not just studio albums.

6. defunct32 macrumors regular

Music app. Artist -> Group by album??

I completely understand. I'm on iOS 6 and loving the music app! I also noticed another "feature" they removed in 7, in iOS 6 you can add songs to a playlist from another playlist but in 7 you can't, you got to look for the songs again. These may be small little things but it make life so much easier for people who use their iPod purely for music purposes.

7. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502

This is the one thing about iOS 7 that drives me nuts. It makes it so much harder to find the album I want to listen to. A simple fix would be to simply allow us to sort the albums by artist name instead of album name. How many people want to browse albums alphabetically by album name?? The answer is: nobody. Look at anybody's record/CD collection, and they are always sorted by artist.