Music App constantly crashing.

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jfreed, Jul 23, 2017.

1. jfreed macrumors regular

I don’t know what’s up. (4th gen.). I tried restoring, no success. Then, I thought maybe the tvOS beta might remedy it. Same issue. Thoughts...?

2. fpnc macrumors 68000

It could be your Apple TV. I have two 4th generation Apple TVs and on one the Music App and the NBC News apps misbehave regularly while on the other unit those two apps work without issues. The odd thing is that it is just those two apps, everything else (Netflix, PBS, Hulu, HBO, etc.) works fine on both units.

I've tried removing and re-installing the NBC New app and that did not change the behavior, so I assume that the problem is with the particular sample of the Apple TV (either hardware, or more likely something in the core installation of the software). I guess what I need to try is a factory restore of the software, since simple updates haven't made any difference in the behavior.

3. jfreed thread starter macrumors regular

I didn’t realize I hadn’t updated to the newest beta. So, I ended doing a fresh install and now it works as expected. May be worth a shot, if you’re comfortable running a beta.