Music App Deleted All My Songs

EM2013

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
So there I was in the gym listening to music.

I press shuffle on a top 100 playlist and boom music app crashes. Keep trying to open it and keeps crashing. Did a hard reset and music app finally worked and to my surprise all my downloaded music is deleted. Restarted device again and still 0 songs downloaded.

Has this happened to anyone before? Am I forced to have to download everything again?

On iOS 12.1.2

mikzn

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2013
Vancouver
Hate it when that happens . . .

If it is a playlist can't you just connect to iTunes and restore by sync?

EM2013

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
Hate it when that happens . . .

If it is a playlist can't you just connect to iTunes and restore by sync?
Has that happened to you before?

Well luckily I had most of my music on a playlist so I can just press download. But I still had to download a lot of songs one by one.

mikzn

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2013
Vancouver
no - - knock on wood - lol

All my music is on mac / itunes and none on icloud

Everytime I sync - it updates

kieveryuu

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2011
PNW
Mikzn, as you have had this experience while also not having an Apple Music subscription (or therefore iCloud playlist sync) do you know why - or what circumstances precipitated the loss of the playlists and music on your phone?

A good friend, who also does not have a music subscription etc, just had all of the music disappear from their phone and I am attempting to help figure out what might have caused the event. Thankfully the music could be re-synced from the mac mini.

mikzn

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2013
Vancouver
Mikzn, as you have had this experience while also not having an Apple Music subscription (or therefore iCloud playlist sync) do you know why - or what circumstances precipitated the loss of the playlists and music on your phone?

A good friend, who also does not have a music subscription etc, just had all of the music disappear from their phone and I am attempting to help figure out what might have caused the event. Thankfully the music could be re-synced from the mac mini.
The only time this happens to me is when the sync settings are changed and it depends on the new settings in itunes - easy to restore just select the music playlists to re-sync?

itunes.png