Music App "For You" bubbles UI unusable

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by damuse, Jun 30, 2015.

1. damuse macrumors newbie

They tried going for cute but crippled the functionality. Or they totally forgot to test it on iPhones and iPods with screens smaller than the iPhone 5.

Attached image is the second screen of bubbles for determining your preferences. The first one was already cumbersome, if you "liked" a bubble it'd grow and then be unable to cross the whitespace between the instruction text and the "You" circle. The second one, selecting artists, doesn't even let normal bubbles across, making it effectively impossible to select artists to like/love.

The info text can't be cleared to make space. The miniplayer bar with the paused song can't be cleared either (at least not intuitively like swiping or press-holding), unless I manually kill and relaunch the Music app. Only then is there enough whitespace to manage the bubbles.

SMH...

Attached Files:

2. TheBuffather macrumors 6502

TheBuffather

I agree 100%. I was shocked at how terrible the user experience was. Seeing the bubbles in the Keynote made me weary, but I forgot about them until today. Was stunned at how shitily (can I say that here?) it was done.

3. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus